Smart Savings are currently recruiting seven young people, aged 16-18, to take part in a new cookery course. Smart Savings are working in partnership with Sanjay Kumar who is a sous chef at the Headland Hotel in Newquay.
During the eight week course in Redruth, young people will be challenged, inspired, and learn a great number of essential life skills which include cooking and personal budgeting. The course will culminate in a Ready Steady Cook style challenge, and work experience in one of the kitchens at the Headland Hotel.
What will you learn?
- Master five tasty and simple dishes;
- Budget and plan your weekly meals;
- How to source ingredients;
- Maintain a healthy diet;
- Health and safety in the kitchen;
- Food hygiene;
- Receive alcohol awareness education.
What will you receive?
- FREE 8 week cookery course delivered by Sanjay Kumar (Sous Chef of the Headland Hotel);
- FREE one-to-one support and guidance with budgeting, debts, employment, training, and any personal challenges;
- A certificate of completion;
- Work experience at the Headland Hotel;
- Travel costs can be reimbursed.
For more information or to book a place, contact Jane Jiwa on 01209 212579 /07760 214254, or email email@example.com. Spaces are limited, so book now!